Sunday, April 12, 2009

Wonder What They Thought


I started unpacking my supply roller bag, finally. I was concerned that the security folks at the airport might have been concerned about the contents of the bag.

Lots of pliers, cutters and wire. Bottles of gel medium and paint brushes.


Not your normal clothing and changes of socks they usually see, I'm sure. I put my bag from Artfest on top with it plainly marked, and the bag I got from the art store in Port Townsend, as a kind of visual hint. See, these are art supplies, right? Nothing scary or dangerous, just art supplies.


You have to wonder what they thought as they went through the bag. I had my black zipper pouch with my hammers, wire, cutters. Oh, my.

But so far I don't detect anything missing. I haven't reached for anything and found that it's not there yet. And even if I did, there's not much I could do now, except try to find a replacement.

But I do wonder what they thought as they went through this magical bag of tricks with my mini-Moo cards, trades and the little pouch I made to hold my things ... what did they think of it all?

2 comments:

dogfaeriex5 said...

lots of artfesters write notes to the TSA folks to explain the contents of their bags...we think that they enjoy the notes and letters..this year we didnt have any bags inspected...xo

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

I was SPECIAL because on the way back I checked two bags and they inspected both of them ... I think my miniature hair dryer looked scary in the one bag, and who knows among all the wires and pliers what looked frightening in my supply bag, LOL!