Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Journey Destination Creativity



The first day, I was lucky enough to get into Nina Bagley's book class called "Journey - Destination" by being on the waiting list, when my name came up I snagged it pronto. I was thrilled to be in the class and learn from Nina in person.

I sat next to Kim - she was working on some fabulous pages and had lots of great imagery going.


Isn't this beautiful? And there were lots more, too - she may show them on her blog.

I took some photos of Nina working with folks and we are all having a great time, as you can see from the laughter and happiness in the faces.

Nina (pronounced like "NINE-AH") is a very generous and knowledgeable teacher, very funny and witty, I enjoyed the class and meeting her in person so much. I had some little mementos that I gave her, as a thank you for sharing so much of herself in her classes and to take home the feeling that she went home with something of mine, tucked away with her.

I made two covers, front and back, and two inside pages. I didn't get them all done during class but finished the back page inside and out later in an evening session with some other folks in the dorm, working away on projects.


I'll show more about the book and explain it's destination, if you follow my blog you'll see what became of some of my carpe diem charms, and why they didn't end up in the Etsy shop.

6 comments:

stregata said...

I feel a bit like a voyeur, but, oh my, I wouldn't want to miss out! I am looking forward to seeing your book and just wish I had the opportunity to attend also! But I am loving the way you describe everything, so keep it coming, please! Pretty please!!

Candace said...

Hi Lynn, found your great great blog through Art Dog's Life and am having a ball re: ArtFest. I had to drop out unfortunately and hope to see you there next year... your site is simply wonderful -- lots of Art Shenanigans going on!
take care
Candace in Athens

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Hi, Candace .. is that Athens in Georgia, Athens TEXAS, or Athens Greece, LOL? Thanks for dropping by the blog and letting me know you are reading along, I don't know if I'll go back to Artfest next year but maybe our paths will cross somewhere, some day! I hope so!

YAY, looks like the comments are working now ... please feel free to comment away, I love it.

dogfaeriex5 said...

love those beautiful scarves nina was wearing...hmmmm....wonder where they came from!!xo

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Hi, Kim ... are you all recovered from the trip? If so, please share your secret, I'm barely moving yet! And yes, I was very happy to share the little scarves with Nina, and have the photos as a reminder. Do you have Artfest photos on your blog yet?

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Renata, please use your commenting skills frequently, that way I know you found your way here!