Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Did You See This Woman?


When I arrived at Artfest, my roommate Stacie picked me up at the airport and we went to her studio to prepare charms and make some art, to limber up the art muscles, so to speak. I had this neck pouch from an event I attended some time ago, it was corporate bland and had no color, but I liked all the zippered pouches and places to store things.


So Stacie opened up her paint cupboard to me, and I started painting it, and adding text. One of my favorite quotes is by Picasso, he said "Art washes away the dust of everyday" - so I altered that slightly and painted it onto the pouch. I bent and hammered some steel wire to make hangers attached on the bottom, to display the charms I hoped to collect during Artfest.


Here's what the back looks like, I wore this neck pouch every day, adding cool things here and there as I got trades and goodies of all sorts.


I got a painted rock with the word "FEARLESS" which I thought was both a descriptive and an encouragement to branch out and try new things.


I got a slide carrier with a shell image in it, and a stick pin with Sea Devils on it. Too fun!


So if you saw me wandering around during Artfest with this jingly-jangly neck pouch on, yes! that was me! If you see one of your charms, felted beads or bottle-cap charms in these photos be sure to leave a comment here, so I can find you again.

And if you have one of my mermaid charms and make something with her, let me know, I'd love to see how they turned out for you.

1 comment:

Cheryl Connell said...

Now, how did I miss you? lol! I recognize the slide charm as one of Amy's of amyrehnae.blogspot.com if you want to look her up.

I'm gonna have some artfest photos up on my blog soon too!

fromthepines.blogspot.com

Cheryl