Thursday, April 16, 2009

Book of Trades


Before I left for Artfest, I made up and decorated a three-ring binder to keep everything together. I know myself, I sometimes put things aside or they get separated, and I wanted to unify my Artfest collection of goodies, class materials and handouts.


I took a regular, paper based three-ring binder and put gesso on the inside and outside of the front and back.

Then I went wild with some paint, when I was cleaning my palette after painting some beads. Just let the colors fall where they would go on their own.


Inside I put plastic sheet protectors, both the kind that hold 8 1/2 x 11" full sheets, and the kind that hold 3" x 5" photos. I put my class lists, itinerary and other things I needed inside, but left lots of open sheet protectors for collecting new goodies.


This is how that book turned out - I have a lot of my favorite cards, little tins, mini-Moo and trades inside, all protected and kept together. Anytime I want to find something from Artfest, it's all in there, and it's fun and easy to share with friends who want to see what came home with me.


I need to re-organize the things in the book to make it easier to see everything, but I'm very glad I did this before I left, I didn't have to worry about losing some wonderful creative thing someone gave to me! A book of memories from the trip ...

3 comments:

dogfaeriex5 said...

what a cool idea!! and i also loved your pouch you wore around your neck! you are one super super talented superstar!
xo

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Thank you, ma'am, but it's just that if I don't give myself somewhere to put something, I'll forget where it went! That old saw about 'if not attached to my neck I'd lose my head' was created for me, for sure!

PS - guess what necklace I'm wearing today LOL!

Cheryl Connell said...

Ha! and that great tin is from Stephanie of WabiSabi blog.

Great idea!

Cheryl