Sunday, March 29, 2009

Charmed and Delighted


I've been reading about the charms and trades folks are bringing, and I didn't think I had enough mermaids made up. So in between making beads and trying to get orders out today before I leave, I made up these charms.


Yes, they really are that colorful! I took some drawings from one of my journals and converted them into these little card charms.


They're quite small, really, and have a hole at the top for a jump ring or cord.


I made about 60 of them today. It's been busy! And they were fun. Fortunately, they didn't need a lot of attendance or fussing on my part, as I was very busy with other beads.


There are five or six different designs of them. I hope people like them.

They are very, very colorful. The theme is sea monsters, I guess this might be stretching it a little. But they are interesting colors and shapes I put together a long time ago, when I was in quite a mood!


Some of them are more sedate. They were made from some of my collages. I like these a lot, I may make miniature versions of some of my other collages when I get back.

And they have 'Handmade by Lynn' on the reverse!

I've been gathering up the things I need for my classes and putting them into a suitcase, so I have everthing organized. I'm using some things still, like my jewelry pliers, so I have to be sure I don't forget to put them in tomorrow when I do the final checklist and packing step.

Hectic last minute preparations!

3 comments:

SummersStudio said...

Lynn, these are so much fun! I love the colours.

Gaea said...

These are amazing! You never cease to amaze!

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

I gave away all the charms, YAY! No point bringing them all back home ... and I got some wonderful trades, I'll take some photos and show those - and thanks, you two! you make me feel amazing with your kind words.