Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Wonderland

I have this book, and I re-read it frequently. Sometimes for fun, just to enjoy the pretty photographs and the fun writing style of Linda and Opie O'Brien.


They are teaching a class called "Set In Stone" at Artfest, it looked like so much fun I just had to sign up for it, and I was happy when I got into it as my first choice. Registration is sometimes an iffy thing, you don't know if you'll get your classes so you list your second and third choices, just in case.

I've never taken a class with them, and I'm excited to meet them and learn a lot of new things. Out of the odd facts department, I happened to learn by accident that Opie and I have the same birthday date in June. Probably not the same year, though.


The class description says it involves working with concrete (!!) sheet metal, papers and ink - Doesn't that just sound irresistable?

2 comments:

Joan Tucker said...

We were in the same class; I know your work, would have loved to meet you. Joan Tucker, Off Center Productions

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Hi, Joan - I was that one wandering around needing to borrow things from everyone, LOL - Next time just run up and say HI! - I relly enjoyed this class!